18 hours ago
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Your Leaders: Rebecca
Lucky us to have Rebecca join us in 2015-2016. We're happy to have her join our team!!
It's time to get to know her a wee bit better.
Here are Rebecca's answers to our questions.
Three things you have done as a member of Girl Guides:
1. traveled to Costa Rica!
2. learned how to backcountry camp!
3. made awesome friends!
Three foods you tried because of Girl Guides:
1. moose (not by choice, it was mixed with the hamburger meat)
2. Banana boats
3. Kitty litter (the dessert)
Three places you've been, yes, with Girl Guides:
1. Costa Rica
2. Magnetawan River
Three Girl Guide crests/badges you own:
1. Camp Adelaide camp badges from district camps.
2. ORCA canoe certification badges earned while I was ranger
3. Pax Lodge crest
Three things about Girl Guide camp: 1 you love, 1 you hate, 1 you dream of!
Hate: When the girls go to bed late!!
Love: when it rains at night and you can hear it against the tent.
Dream: When the girls go to bed early and then also sleep in! :P
Three crafts that you'll never do again: any camp craft that is not useful or lacks a practical purpose. I dislike knick-knack crafts.
Three activities that were amazing:
1. Representing Girl Guides in Costa Rica
2. being a leader
3. star gazing while canoe tripping
Three things you own "just for Girl Guides":
1. camp blanket with badges and crests
2. rain pants
3. Dry sac
Three things you'd tell someone if they thought they might want to join Girl Guides:
1. It is awesome!
2. It's not the same girl guides your grandma was part of.
3. The leaders make the difference and are the reason many girls stay in girl guides.