A new face this year!
We love having Jasmine in our unit this year and we asked her the same questions that we've asked the other leaders and we love her answers! Thanks for joining the 64th Guides this year!
- Three things you have done as a member of Girl Guides: winter camping in tents; world centre district camp; carnival district camp
- Three foods you tried because of Girl Guides: banana boats; guacamole; grilled cheese made over a tin can
- Three places you've been, yes, with Girl Guides: Ontario Place; Disney on Ice (^.^); Camp Woolsey
- Three memories you treasure (Girl Guides!): creating a massive (t-shirt) rainbow with all of the different levels of Guiding in a football field; cookie selling and learning money and manners as a girl; creating so many hat crafts I needed a second hat
- Three Girl Guide crests/badges you own: Canada Cord; canoe certification; Osteoporosis Bone Challenge
- Three things about Girl Guide camp: 1 you love, 1 you hate, 1 you dream of!: campfire; difficulty staying clean; camping in another country
- Three friends you've made through Girl Guides: too many good friends to name! both as a girl and a Guider
- Three ways Girl Guides has helped you: making friends (hard for me); outdoor skills; volunteer opportunities
- Three crafts that you'll never do again: "scent rocks" (NEVER dry); bead crafts with Sparks; hat crafts that involve leaders making them and girls pinning them on their hats
- Three activities that were amazing: rock-climbing; canoe camp; sleeping out under the stars
- Three things you own "just for Girl Guides": sit-upon; camp hat; resource file of crafts and songbooks
- Three Girl Guide things you say/do that no one else will understand: three finger salute; Happy Thinking Day!; 3 basin dishwashing method while camping out of Girl Guides
- Three things you'd tell someone if they thought they might want to join Girl Guides: the program work will always apply to school and life; you will never forget the great people you meet; this is a global and century-long tradition you can be proud to be a part of; I know I am!
Thanks so much Jasmine! We love having you as a member of the leadership team!
To read the other "Your Leaders" posts, visit our "About Us" page!